Heat Pump Installation in Omaha, NE
Add a Heat Pump to Your Home
If you’re a homeowner in Omaha, NE looking to have a new heater installed in your home, a heat pump may be your best option. Aksarben ARS installs heat pumps to keep you warm and comfortable during the winter. We are proud to install heat pumps for homes, whether your existing heat pump is no longer working correctly or you want to change from a furnace. Our team also repairs residential heat pumps. Find out more about our heat pumps service and get in touch with us for a free quote.
What Are Heat Pumps?
A reversible heat pump can be used as a heating or air conditioning unit. A single investment can provide comfort year-round. Most air conditioners and furnaces burn energy to produce heat, but heat pumps utilize movement to release or absorb heat as it moves from one part of your home to another. Heat pumps are efficient and save money compared to other forms of heating and air conditioning. Learn more about the two main types of heat pumps:
- Air-to-Air – This is the most common type of heat pump. Air-to-air heat pumps generate cool or warm air by moving outside air inside your home or inside air outside your home.
- Geothermal – These heat pumps move air between your home and the ground underneath it, allowing for even more energy efficiency.
Heat Pump Repair & Installation
Our team proudly installs the best heat pumps in the industry. We can install heat pumps if yours needs to be replaced or you want to switch from another type of system. We also provide heat pump repair services. The following are signs that could mean you need a heat pump repair:
- Icing – It’s not normal to have ice on your heat pump, no matter the outside temperature. This may be the result of reduced airflow, a refrigerant leak, or a clogged filter.
- Stuck – Heat pumps that can’t switch modes between heating and cooling may have a problem with their reversing valves.
- Noises – Your heat pump should be very quiet, so if you hear loud noises be sure to contact us right away.
- Expensive – If your energy bill is steadily increasing, you likely need repair to your heat pump.
How Heat Pumps Work
If you had to answer the question, how do heat pumps work in one sentence, it would be by transferring heat from one area to another. A heat pump works in reverse of a conventional air conditioner. The heat pump does not create heat. Instead, it draws in heat and moves that heat around. For those looking for a more detailed explanation of how a heat pump works, read on. Air conditioners create a tremendous amount of heat when they process refrigerants such as Freon. A heat pump reverses part of that process by extracting and distributing heat throughout your home. Heat pumps are typically very energy efficient, offering central heating in climates with somewhat mild temperatures like Omaha. Heat pumps can be three to four times more effective than space heaters. A heat pump will need to run constantly to maintain warmth if the outside temperature drops below 37°F.
Is a Heat Pump the Right HVAC System for Me?
If you’ve never had a heat pump, it’s natural to have questions. The team at Aksarben ARS can help you make the right decision about the heating and cooling of your home. Sometimes a dual-fuel system may be ideal because it uses an electric heat pump when the temperature is mild and a gas furnace for colder conditions. We can answer any questions you might have, and we offer free estimates with no hidden fees. Contact us today to get your free quote.